1. Listen Carefully. In order to be an effective communicator you must be a good listener. We do get excited sometimes in sharing our opinion but the best way to interact is through listening. In this way you’ll know what subjects are interesting to your listeners and what conversable ideas are available.
2. Know your subject. If you are talking to someone best way to be an effective communicator is to know what you are saying. You must be able to discuss any ideas that you have or to continually elaborate the said topic.
3. Keep Eye Contact. With respect to the speaker or when you converse with someone you must maintain eye contact as possible to show that you’re attentive to what they are saying. Keeping an eye contact also shows courtesy and focus.
4. Improve your skills by reading and writing. Communication is not just about talking. If you want to improve yourself you must also read a lot. It will help you broaden your vocabulary and improve your comprehension. Writing will also help you in enhancing your sentence construction and thought organization.
5. Be Confident and Relax. Lastly, you have to be confident in delivering yourself when conversing. This will help to make you look smarter and you’ll be surprise how effective you’ll become.